How to Null your Console's EEPROM
- If your Xbox is softmodded and uses a virtual/shadow C drive, disable the virtual/shadow C drive before you null your eeprom. Warning: If you null the eeprom without first disabling the virtual/shadow C drive, you will break your softmod. Backup your eeprom to another computer if you are unsure of what you are doing.
- This guide is unnecessary if you have a Rocky5 softmod as there an automatic eeprom nulling function built in to the dashboard.
STEP 2 – Nulling the EEPROM:
- Once ConfigMagic has loaded, press the Start button on your controller and select “Unlock HDD” from the list. Once done, press A to return to the main screen.
- Press Start again and select “On-The-Fly Edit EEPROM”.
- Select Unique HDD Key” and then delete the entire HDD key and then replace it with 32 zeros. Just keep pressing A on zero until it stops adding more zeros. Once finished, select “OK”.
- Press Start and select “Update Xbox EEPROM”. After a few seconds your Xbox’s EEPROM will be updated with your new nulled HDD key.
- Press Start and select “Load XBOX EEPROM”.
- Press Start and select “Lock HDD”.